Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Gourmet Burgers and Fries

Every once in while I find myself craving a big juicy hamburger, but when I go to a restaurant I never get exactly what I want and always end up paying way to much. So I decided to work on my own gourmet burger recipe. Now bear with me because my camera, which has all of the pictures I took to include in this blog, is missing in action, but I want to leave you with a new recipe anyway.

Gourmet Feta Burgers

Ingredients: Makes 6-8 BIG burgers
2 lbs ground beef
8-12 oz feta cheese crumbles ( I am a cheese fiend)
Worcestershire sauce (add liberally)
Garlic salt (3-4 shakes should be good)
1 tbs Butter
Whole onion
1 Container fresh sliced mushrooms


Slice the onion

Sautee the mushrooms and onions in a frying pan with the butter

Mix by hand (eww gross) the ground beef, feta cheese, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic salt in a big bowl.

Separate the mixture into 6-8 sections and form patties

Throw on the grill (I used a George Foreman) and cook them to your liking

Throw burgers on a bun, top with your sauteed goodies and whatever condiments you like, then take a big bite and enjoy :)


Home Made Fries

Ingredients:
8-10 Potatoes
Seasoning salt
Olive oil

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees

Peel and slice your potatoes so that they look like french fries

Place potatoes on cookie sheet

Brush with olive oil

Season to your liking (I used Kirkland brand seasoning salt)

Bake for 20 minutes, check softness, depending on the thickness it may take longer, just keep an eye on them

No comments:

Post a Comment